- Photo Tours
- Live Voyage Reports
- AmaLyra- Christmas Markets
- Honolulu, Hawaii Trip Report
- Hurtigruten Midnatsol – North Cape
- Miami for Families
- Norwegian Breakaway – Christening
- Norwegian Epic – Eastern Caribbean
- Queen Mary 2 – Transatlantic
- Schooner Zodiac – Wine Cruise
- Silver Explorer – British Isles
- Silver Spirit – Athens to Barcelona
- Silver Spirit- Eastbound Transatlantic
- Silver Wind – South Africa
- Tauck Swiss Jewel – Blue Danube
- Viking Freya – Danube Christmas
- Viking Longships Christening 2012
- Viking Longships Christening 2013
- Wind Spirit – Stockholm to Oslo
- Zuiderdam – Alaska Inside Passage
- Airport Guides
- About FTDC
- The Avid Cruiser
Hamburg-based Hapag-Lloyd Cruises has unveiled the 2012 International itineraries for their five-star-plus flagship, EUROPA. These eight dual-language (German and English) voyages are as distinct and varied as the ship herself, and represent a great opportunity for English-speaking cruisers to see what their German counterparts have been raving about for years.
One of the best things about EUROPA is her stunning design. Looking like a modern take on the luxurious German transatlantic liners of years gone past, she is a ship like no other, with plenty of overheight ceilings, sweeping staircases, and uncommon touches like Spa Suites with whirlpool bathtubs near windows that open up to the main living area of the stateroom, and the wood-paneled, old-world elegance of the Havana Bar.
It’s easy to see why Hapag-Lloyd Cruises refers to EUROPA as “The World’s Most Beautiful Yacht.”
Like many ultra-luxury lines, increased emphasis is placed on culinary delights, onboard service, and enrichment programs. One of the most unique features the line offers is their wide variety of theme cruises, including the spectacular Stella Maris and Ocean Sun festival, featuring classical music performances by some of the most renowned and up-and-coming artists.
So where can you travel aboard EUROPA next year? Here’s a quick rundown of the eight English/German voyages offered in 2012. Make no mistake: these are some incredible journeys to some of the most popular destinations, balanced with off-the-beaten path ports of call and even a few you’re not likely to have ever heard of before. For the true explorer at heart, these voyages represent a great cruise.
The Blue Lagoon of the South Seas - 16 Days – Departing January 18, 2012 from Honolulu, Hawaii.
- With port calls in Hilo, Tabuaeran, Nukuonu, Apia, Fagamalo, Suva, Yaksawa Islands, Lautoka, Ile des Pins, and Noumea.
Meditation and Emergence in Asia - 14 Days – Departing March 9, 2012 from Ho Chi Minh City.
- With port calls in Kampong Saom, Ko Samui, Singapore, Port Kelang (Kuala Lumpur), Bass Harbour, Phuket, Rangoon (two overnights).
La Dolce Vita - 6 Days – Departing May 20, 2012 from Nice.
- With port calls in Porto Cervo, Capri (overnight), Positano, Lipari, Trapani, Valletta.
Impressions of a Majestic Island – 14 Days – Departing July 5, 2012 from Kiel.
- With port calls in Leith, Invergordon, Portree, Dublin, Cobh, Milford Haven, Tresco, Penzance, Cowes, Dover and Hamburg.
The Music of the Fjords – 12 Days – Departing August 12, 2012 from Kiel, featuring the Ocean Sun Festival at Sea.
- With port calls in Bergen, Vik, Flam, Alesund, Svartisen, Leknes, Trollfjord Cruising, Geiranger, Hellesylt, Oslo, and Skagen.
A Majestic Baltic Sea Symphony – 12 Days – Departing August 28, 2012 from Kiel.
- With port calls in Binz, Gdynia, Visby, Tallinn, St. Petersburg (overnight), Helsinki, Stockholm (overnight), Kalmar, Daylight transit of the Kiel Canal, and Hamburg.
Autumnal Journey through Time – 7 Days – Departing October 14, 2012 from Venice.
- With port calls in Trieste, Rovinj, Split, Otranto, Kerkya, and Valletta.
Idyllic Islands in the Indian Ocean – 18 Days – Departing November 7, 2012 from Dubai and featuring the Ocean Sun Festival at sea.
- With port calls in Abu Dhabi, Khasab, Muscat, Praslin, La Digue, Curieuse, Victoria, Desroches, Mamoudzou, Nosy Be, Antsiranana, and Port Louis.
For more information on EUROPA‘s 2012 English-language voyages, be sure to visit the Hapag-Lloyd Cruises website.
Sign up for the Avid Cruiser newsletter
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009